Webinar Marketing: You can sell anything with webinars
What is Webinar Marketing?
Webinar marketing is using an online seminar to connect with a wider audience and promote your business. The term “webinar” comes from the words “web seminar”.
Most marketing webinars are lead generation tools that provide free, valuable information in the hope that participants will see the need to upgrade to paid products or services offered by that company.
Webinars are a different kind of lead magnet, with the potential to offer even more value and better leads than a downloadable checklist or ebook.
Webinars usually consist of a presentation followed by a Q&A session. Because they are a visual medium, webinars can help presenters connect quickly with participants. Most people will also grasp the information faster than if it’s just written down.
* Companies use webinar marketing to:
* Demonstrate products and services
* Expand on content published in a blog post
* Showcase their expertise
* You can see this in action with Marketo’s webinars:
Webinars can also get attendees interested in buying products and services. But if you’re planning to use webinars for lead generation, there’s one point we have to emphasize: a webinar is not a sales pitch. It’s not about you; it’s about providing value for the participants.
However, showing that value is also the reason why webinars provide the perfect opportunity to sell.
Check out Russell Brunson’s Webinar below :
Webinar Marketing Statistics
Before we dive in, let’s take a look at some statistics that show the benefits of webinar marketing for your business.
For example, did you know that, according to the Content Marketing Institute, 58% of marketers use webinars for promotion? And about 32% of them think webinar marketing will be critical to their success this year.
When you dig down into the webinar marketing statistics there’s even more data to show just how effective marketing with webinars can be:
* Webinars retain 40% of viewers’ attention, according to Make Social Media Sell.
* Between 20% and 40% of those who attend a webinar become qualified leads, says Ready Talk.
* Between 2% and 5% of webinar attendees will buy something from you, says the Branded Solopreneur.
* Only around half of the people who register for a webinar actually attend.
Still, the results of using webinars speak for themselves:
* Jeff Molander of MakeSocialMediaSell got a 29% close rate from a single webinar.
* Scott Britton made $11,286 from his course using a webinar.
* Ilean Harris has a 20% conversion rate from her webinars
As well being great for making sales and lead generation, other important features of webinars include:
* They provide an easy way to handle pre-sales objections face-to-face.
* They are excellent for boosting traffic, brand awareness, authority and your list.
* As the Branded Solopreneur points out, they speed up the sales cycle by reaching people wherever they are in your sales funnel.
How to Find a Webinar Topic?
One of the first things you need to do to start a webinar marketing campaign is come up with a suitable topic. You can do this by:
* Mining your blog for popular topics that might make good webinars. If people ask questions and make comments that can suggest that they might be interested in a related webinar.
* Checking your social media profiles and asking your customer service team to find out if there are questions you keep getting.
* Seeing what other webinars are out there and picking one that you can do better.
* Finally, write a catchy title. Like all content marketing, webinars rely on their titles to pique people’s interest. A great title will be interesting and informative.
Why all marketers should consider doing webinar marketing?
Here are seven reasons you should be using webinars in 2017 to make more sales and build a tribe of raving fans:
1. Being Seen as an Authority
One of the biggest benefits of hosting webinars is being seen as an authority in your industry.
Building an online brand is all about visibility, personality, and being valuable to others. Nothing showcases all three better than a webinar. Webinars let you be seen, heard, and stand out amongst your peers more than any other online medium.
2. Building Partnerships and Getting in Front of New Audiences
Hosting webinars with a partner (often called a joint venture partnership) is one of the fastest ways to get in front of new potential customers, to build your email list, and to sell your products and services.
Think about what individuals or organizations you could partner with to educate and give value their audiences. By doing so, you are gaining respect in front of a new audience and creating lifelong business relationships with your partners.
Hosting joint venture webinars are the single fastest way to rapidly build your email list and grow your business.
3. Building Know, Like, and Trust with New Potential Clients, Fast
Why do webinars sell so well?
People buy from those they know, like, and trust. Period. How many times have you bought something over $300 from someone you didn’t trust? Not often.
With webinars, people get to hear you, see you, interact and ask questions of you live on the spot. This is a huge advantage to the webinar format over other forms of sale because people can bring their questions and objections to you in real time.
The way you handle those objections can build trust and admiration and have people buying your products and services right on the spot.
4. Selling One to Many (Get Out of the One-On-One Trap) with Webinars
While selling in person is best, webinars are the next best thing allowing you to sell, at scale, from the comfort of your own home.
Imagine hosting a webinar and selling your online course, software, or coaching package to a thousand people instead of one at a time on the phone or at a networking event. Oh yeah, and doing it while you are in your pajamas.
Webinars allow you to break away from the one on one trap and create more money, time, and freedom in your life and business.
5. Hosting Group Coaching and Online Bootcamps
Are you a coach or consultant who wants to create more leveraged programs in your business? Webinars are not just for selling. They are also for delivering a product or service.
Don’t have an online course or program to sell? No problem. Sell an online boot camp using webinars.
Webinars can be used for group coaching sessions in the form of an online boot camp that people will pay you to attend.
After the boot camp is over, you can sell the recordings on demand further leveraging your time and making more money.
6. Building Your Email List on Steriods.
Webinars are powerful for list building. Besides your reputation, building an email list is one of the most important pillars for having a successful online business.
Social media followings are great and should be used to drive traffic to your email opt-ins, however, they often change their rules. You don’t own your social following, they do. It is, for this reason, you need to build your own distribution network (your email list).
There are a number of ways to grow your email list using webinars.
* You can host a webinar where you sell your’s or an affiliate’s product. The byproduct of which is building your list.
* You can host interviews with other experts in your niche. People will opt-in to see it.
* You can host free Q&A sessions to the public. Do some teaching, strengthen your authority, and build a list of interested people in the process.
7. Selling a higher percentage of your products and services
This is the big one. Webinars are the highest converting online medium with sales rates on average between 10%-20% vs an average of 2.35% for sales pages alone.
If you are selling anything over $100, you are going to sell a whole lot more on a webinar than on your sales page or through your email follow-up alone.
Why? People buy from those they know, like, and trust and webinars are the next best thing to meeting in person.
Well, there you have it. Seven reasons to start hosting profitable webinars right now.
Why do webinars? Because they work and this is not going to change in the near future.
It’s clear that webinar marketing can really work, not just to promote a business, but to actually sell products and services.
Webinars stimulate native human emotions that have been around for thousands of years. The ability to hear you, to see you and to interact with you online is the strongest, fastest way for people to trust you.